Wednesday, January 10, 2007

MY NEW YEAR's SPECIAL



Its been quite sometime now that ive been preparing this specialty on mine...hmmm roughly 10 years now. Since graduation ive keep myself busy at the kitchen cooking anything and almost everything while waiting for my board exam results. A dedicated "Inday" since everyone in our house are working except me so i just kept myself busy doing this...cooking! It turned out after series of experiment and trials i end up making my very own version of the Spanish specialty Paella. I know many people know about this dish in the Philippines the best i tasted so far is from Alba's and from Mingoy's. But of course since this dish is quite expensive at these restaurants i just cook once in awhile at home specially when its the season for the seafood ingredients needed!
After acquiring a cooking range with manual oven i developed the paella to another level and thats baking it after mixing every ingredients of it.(well usually it was really baked but since i dont have any oven before i just serve it as a little steamed.)
Here are the ingredients for the paella i cooked for new year!For 10 years since i cannot think of anything to give my very generous aunt i ended up cooking Paella for her whole clan(that includes her grandchildrens who swears they loved my cooking). This year was no exemption...and so far this year was the most hectic one for me since i cooked a total of 12 kilos of ingredients all in all. (mussels,shrimps,chicken,bell pepper,crabs,rice,eggs etc...) It went out to several households including my previous boss (whos wife gave me a wonderful apron with matching pot holders),my immediate boss,my officemates who lived nearby,my sister's office,my friend marissa and of course my aunt. It quite reached out a lot of tables indeed for their media noche but my 2 boss' texted me they couldnt wait for 12am and decided to eat it during dinner time.Hmmm i think they were just excited to taste it! I decided to add the other rice variety malagkit so it will give those people a feeling of fullness after a serving so more people can eat it.
It was a tiring day since i woke up early morning to be able to buy the freshest seafood that day. I am so enthusiastic cooking this dish since i know i can surely make a lot of people happy and guys you really did made my day when i recieved all thos sms thanking me for my effort and giving me kind words that you all enjoyed this dish! Well till next Ney year!(unless i have the energy to cook it again...till next paella session i guess!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cha: Really don't know how you can do it.. all those ingrediants look so complicated!!??? But man did the result looks YUMMY!!! Good job!

Feliss. ^^

charity said...

feliss if you want to cook it just tell me...actually im planning to blog on how to cook this paella...but i guess it will take time hahaha! BUt there are 2 ways to cook it...if i need to cook a lot of it..i use the other variation but if its good for 5-10 its another story...but really it gives me a lot of joy recieving message of appreciation for what i cooked.